GuestReady is a globally leading short-term rental company. We provide delightful stays to guests in unique properties in over 30 cities globally. We source our properties from private and institutional homeowners in the United Kingdom, France, Portugal, and the United Arab Emirates working with them on a revenue share basis. We take care of the end-to-end rental process from listing creation across different platforms, to guest communications, housekeeping, key management, and price optimization. We raised ca. $20M from investors and sold over 1,600,000 guest nights, generating rental income of $60M+, managing a portfolio of almost 3.000 properties worth over $1B.
GuestReady won numerous awards including most recently the prestigious during the Swiss Economic Forum 2021. In 2019 we ranked number and won the public voting at the. GuestReady enjoys a from guests and hosts.
The successful candidate will need to be a highly numerical individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment. This role is an excellent opportunity to further improve existing knowledge and skills around payments, financial reporting, and reconciliation.
This will be hybrid position, much of the time you will be able to work remotely but there will be requirements for you to go into our Porto office at least 1 day a week
Finance Assistant Job Duties:
- Support the External Accounting firm in the Receivables reconciliation.
- Working daily with the accounting software (Xero) and Magnifinance – Invoicing.
- Answer to the queries of other departments (Account Manager - AM)
- City taxes declaration and help to improve the process.
- Create reports of outstanding host receivables and actions points
- Perform analysis and reports as requested by the Finance Manager / Country Manager/Head of Finance.
- Any other tasks as required within the Finance Team
- Adhere to the company's financial policies and procedures and suggest improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance related degree OR
- Ability to handle large data sets
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, SUMIFS)
- 1-2 years experience in an Accounting role with bookkeeping duties
- Proficient in Excel and comfortable navigating cloud applications
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (C1/C2)
- Detail-oriented, with a strong focus on quality
- Able to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive hands-on attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop self
- The ability to work with the highest ethical and professional quality standards.
- An interest in a start-up environment
- Previous experience working with accounting software (Xero, SAP, etc) would be an advantage
- Opportunity to be mentored and gain exposure to an entrepreneurial business
- Great working environment within a fast-growing, tightly knitted team
- Growth potential and development as the business grows
- Challenging and diverse tasks which will let you grow day-by-day