Working very closely with the Head of Finance, you will play a crucial role in building a world-class finance function, capable of supporting the aggressive growth plans of this soon to be household name in tech!
You will take responsibility for the day-to-day operational aspects of managing finance processes for the UK. We are 100% cloud-based and you will be overseeing the efficient execution of accounting, reporting, planning, budgeting and controlling.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a super ambitious, high achieving and fun Finance team on a positive growth trajectory.
GuestReady is a globally leading short-term rental company. We aim to consistently deliver an excellent experience to guests, owners, and partners across geographies through an innovative tech platform. We source our properties from private and institutional homeowners in the United Kingdom, France, Portugal and the United Arab Emirates working with them on a revenue share basis. We take care of the end-to-end rental process from listing creation across different platforms, to guest communications, housekeeping, key management, and price optimisation. We raised ca. $20M from investors and sold over 1,600,000 guest nights, generating rental income of $60M+, managing a portfolio of almost 3.000 properties worth over $1B.
GuestReady won numerous awards including most recently the prestigious Swiss Economic Award during the Swiss Economic Forum 2021. In 2019 we ranked number 9 in the UK’s Startups 100 index and won the public voting at the TOP 100 Swiss Startup Award. GuestReady enjoys a TrustPilot score of 4.8 out of 5 across more than 1.300 verified reviews from guests and hosts.
- Ownership and delivery of management accounts
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts commentary for owned areas to senior stakeholders including supporting workings
- Coach and manage finance assistants to develop their accounting skills and knowledge of the business
- Oversee the monthly payments and invoicing, the reporting cycle and close processes, as well as actively looking to improve all financial systems and processes as we scale
- Responsible for the day to day book-keeping, maintaining the UK general ledger to produce monthly management accounts
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software & collaborate with internal product development team to find ways to automate processes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company, researching best practices and willing to implement changes where required
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- You’ll be a real team player and enjoy collaborating with others whilst also being able to work autonomously, taking ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Excel super user
- Based in the UK
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build meaningful relationships with people of all levels across the entire business
- Highly organised and consistent in delivering on strict reporting deadlines
- Expertise in accounting software such as Xero
- Knowledge of cost management, business planning, financial modelling and corporate finance topics
- The ability to work with the highest ethical and professional quality standards
- Audit experience
- Experience using Netsuite
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to break high level concepts down to detailed activities ready for implementation
- The ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders including those without a financial background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A proactive hands-on attitude while also being willing-to-learn
- Detail oriented, with a strong focus on quality
- An interest in start-up environments
- £55-£60k base salary
- Ability to work remotely with occasional visits to our London WeWork office required
- Fantastic progression opportunities
- Ground floor opportunity to build a fast-growing start-up
- Work within a team of experienced entrepreneurs who have successfully built companies before
- A dynamic and multicultural work environment with flat hierarchies and space for your own ideas
- Challenging and diverse tasks which will let you grow day-by-day